Dear Clarksburg School Families,
Next week is Open House! Please join us at 6pm on Wednesday Sept 18 to meet your child's teachers and learn more about what their daily learning looks like. The schedule is as follows:
- JR. High parents: An informational session in the gym at 6pm followed by classroom visits from 6:30-7.
- Grades K-5 parents: Visiting classrooms from 6-6:30 followed by an information session in the gym at 6:30.
- Thank you for helping us through a transition to a new online cafeteria system. Students are learning their PINs and enjoying some of the new food offerings. We will be limiting the number of snacks that students can buy to 2 in order to help them manage their funds. If you have questions, please communicate that with Food Director Jim Callahan at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Outside Learning: Our students will hike the Clarksburg State Forest or the trails behind or school on Wednesday in preparation for a bigger, all school hike on October 10. This is meant to help students learn more about their environment and connect with the Cougar Anchors - like perseverance! Please be sure all students dress for outside adventuring on Wednesday.
- 8th Grade Fundraiser: Our 8th graders will be serving chicken parm dinners at Bountifare on Monday to fundraise for their 8th grade trip. Tickets are still available! Please consider supporting our students and getting dinner at the same time.
- AHERA Plan: Each school is required to have an asbestos management plan that details where asbestos containing materials are in the building. We have this plan on file in the office and available to all parents and community members at your request.
- Clothing Allowance: Please see the attached flier with information about resources for families receiving assistance to buy clothing. There are additional funds that have been released that may be helpful to some families.
- Sept 16 - 8th Grade Chicken Parm Fundraiser 4:30-7
- Sept 17 - Picture Day
- Sept 18 - Grades 3-8 go to Clarksburg State Forest, Grades K-2 Hike the school trails
- Sept 18 - Early release @ 11:30
- Sept 18 @ 6pm - Open House! Come out and meet your child's teachers